From now on I will have new column on my blog. It will be a biography of every designer I could think of. Thankfully I now a lot of them. I think this will be a good idea to inform all of you with some information you maiby didn`t now. And for the start it will be off Coco Chanel! One of my favourite designer ever! I hope you will like it!
Odsada uvodim novu rubriku na mom blogu. To ce biti biografija dizajnera. Probaću da bude što bolja, i nadam se da ćete saznati neke stvari koje niste znali. A za sam početak krenuću od Coco Chanel! Nadam se da će vam se svideti.
Gabrielle Coco Chanel was born 1883 in Saumur, Southern France. She adopted the name Coco during a brief career as a cafe and concert singer. Her career began by designing hats first in Paris then later in Deauville, where she opened her first stores in 1914. Her first haute couture salon in Biarritz was opened in 1916. Later she moved to Paris in 1920 where she opened the store in rue Cambon where it is still located.
In 1922 Coco Chanel introduced a perfume, Chanel No. 5
Chanel was famous for popularizing practical clothes, including pants for women and little black dresses. Her first fabrics included wool jersey, which was comfortable and easy fitting, but was not considered suitable for fashionable clothes. She often accessorised with multiple strands of pearls and gold chains and quilted handbags with shoulder straps made of gold chain. Chanel's business was interrupted by World War I and again in 1939 at the beginning of World War II, after which it did not reopen until 1953.
She died in 1971 at the Hotel Ritz where she had resided for more than thirty years. Karl Lagerfeld has been chief designer of Chanel's fashion house since 1983.
~ Coco Chanel Quouts ~
• Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.
• A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion.
• Fashion is made to become unfashionable.
• Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.
• Fashion has become a joke. The designers have forgotten that there are women inside the dresses. Most women dress for men and want to be admired. But they must also be able to move, to get into a car without bursting their seams! Clothes must have a natural shape.
•"Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said.